Christian voice through love
Member login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Member login
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A breakfast for life

Go down

A breakfast for life Empty A breakfast for life

Post by twin spin Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:32 am

The LORD Almighty will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What did you have for breakfast today? How long will it keep you full? What kind of health benefits will it bring?
For how long? Most breakfast meals keep you full for a few hours. Then you're hungry for lunch.
The right morning diet can bring some solid health benefits, but even the best breakfast lasts only so long and needs to be eaten day after day.

This past Sunday, we celebrated a mega-breakfast. It didn't feature pancakes, eggs and freshly cut fruit.
We celebrated Jesus' resurrection. In your and my place, and for all the sins of the whole world,
Jesus had suffered on the cross. Then Jesus had died. Early on that Sunday morning about 2,000 years ago,
Christ was raised from the dead. God accepted his sacrifice for all our sins. Jesus had defeated sin and death.

About 700 years before Jesus was born, the Old Testament prophet Isaiah wrote about the effect of Jesus' death and resurrection. Isaiah said that Jesus would: "swallow up death forever." What an Easter morning breakfast!
Jesus devoured death. He "ate" it up once for all. That's not a meal Jesus will need to eat day after day.
Jesus' victory over sin and death is lasting and forever.

Jesus' breakfast carries tremendous spiritual blessings. The blessings are not just for the one who ate death.
Now, death cannot hurt those who believe in Jesus. Jesus gives believers eternal life in heaven.
Although death can still be painful and sad, Isaiah tells us that Jesus’ victory over death now brings us comfort and peace.
To his people faced with the death of a Christian loved one, God promises:
"The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces."

Prayer:

Sovereign LORD, thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to swallow up death forever.
Thank you for his victory over sin and death.
Forgive my sins for Jesus' sake. Give me comfort in the face of death.
Keep my faith in you strong until the day you call me home to eternal life in heaven. Amen.

twin spin
Admin

http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down