Christian voice through love
Member login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Member login
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False teacher's message

4 posters

Go down

False teacher's message  Empty False teacher's message

Post by twin spin Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:39 am

False teachers at Colosse were distorting the gospel by adding three elements

1. a secret profound knowledge and type of philosophy (2:8)
  2. a stress on various demands concerning food, drink, festivals, new moons, and sabbaths (2:16)
  3. an abstinence from certain food and a harsh treatment of the human body (2:23)

In essence, they undermined the gospel by denying the complete sufficiency of Christ.

Paul met this by emphasizing the all-sufficiency of Christ (2:2-3,9,10; 1:28). The theme of Colossians is the complete adequacy of Christ as contrasted with the emptiness of mere human philosophy.

SOMETHING ABOUT WHICH TO PRAY: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God" (Colossians 3:16)

Lord Jesus, let me live in peace with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
I give you thanks for them, and ask that you would continue to allow me to be a blessing to them
just as they are a blessing to me.
Let your Word continue to be the focal point of our gatherings and our joy as we teach
and build one another up through our worship of you.
I thank you for the opportunity that I had this past Sunday to do just that,
and I pray that you would bring us all together to do the same once again this coming Sunday.
In your name I pray, Amen.

twin spin
Admin

http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down

False teacher's message  Empty Re: False teacher's message

Post by Finn_Jarber Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 am

Howdy! Just testing.....

Finn_Jarber

Back to top Go down

Post by ILNC Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Love that verse Colossians 3:16!

ILNC

Back to top Go down

Post by twin spin Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:42 pm

ILNC wrote:Love that verse Colossians 3:16!

INLC,
My hope that this new venture will be of some blessing.

Nice to see you here!
Twin

twin spin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LifeInHim Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 am

ILNC wrote:Love that verse Colossians 3:16!
Right there with you..... we need one another !!
Giving to one another "with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another" is the will of God !!

We are encouraged to read and study the word of God and the Holy Spirit fills us up and then it always seems God brings someone along side of us to share in how the word is either changing, healing, encouraging, and inspiring our growth in Him.
And we may not always know what is really going on in that individual (Brother/Sister) heart, so God brings them along to share and then we see His word become life to that person...., for Rom.10:17 says, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."
It then produces the fruits on our lips of "psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God." .... amen !!

And by reading and studing the word of God it also protects us from the false teacher's and their heresy. The Holy Spirit will always reveal the error of their way to us.... amen !! So, let the peace of God rule in your hearts; it is of his working in all who are His..... amen !!

I read this in a commentary.....
The gospel is the word of Christ. Many have the word, but it dwells in them poorly; it has no power over them. The soul prospers, when we are full of the Scriptures and of the grace of Christ. But when we sing psalms, we must be affected with what we sing. Whatever we are employed about, let us do every thing in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in believing dependence on him. Those who do all in Christ's name, will never want matter of thanksgiving to God, even the Father.

LifeInHim

Back to top Go down

Post by LifeInHim Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:10 am

twin spin wrote:False teachers at Colosse were distorting the gospel by adding three elements

1. a secret profound knowledge and type of philosophy (2:Cool
  2. a stress on various demands concerning food, drink, festivals, new moons, and sabbaths (2:16)
  3. an abstinence from certain food and a harsh treatment of the human body (2:23)

In essence, they undermined the gospel by denying the complete sufficiency of Christ.

Paul met this by emphasizing the all-sufficiency of Christ (2:2-3,9,10; 1:28). The theme of Colossians is the complete adequacy of Christ as contrasted with the emptiness of mere human philosophy.

SOMETHING ABOUT WHICH TO PRAY: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God" (Colossians 3:16)

I give you thanks for them, and ask that you would continue to allow me to be a blessing to them
Let your Word continue to be the focal point of our gatherings and our joy as we teach
and I pray that you would bring us all together to do the same once again this coming Sunday.

Aw, yes, the human philosophy.... there sure is plenty of it out there !!
It's almost like seeing the NT and all the false gods, teacher's in reality..... once again !! Crying or Very sad

The born again Christian so needs to be grounded in the word of God, sealed in His Holy Spirit, growing in His grace, strengthen through faith to be able to overcome the apostasy through all the false teaching we are seeing and experiencing these days we are living.

Jesus warned us of this..... yet, He did not leave us alone, but told us He would send His Spirit our Helper to help us.... and not too let our hearts be troubled.

The Holy Spirit is the seal on the born again child of God and well keep giving us the power of God's word to endure to the end..... amen !!

Ephesians !:13-14
13. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14. who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

These false teachers have put enough of God's truth in their message to deceive the people. If one is not mature and grounded in the word of God they will be toss to and fro with the winds of doctrines of these false shepherds.....

The dead give away is always they teach the flesh.... not the Spirit ! Just like your three element points, Twin !!

LifeInHim

Back to top Go down

Post by twin spin Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:14 pm

LifeInHim wrote:
twin spin wrote:False teachers at Colosse were distorting the gospel by adding three elements

1. a secret profound knowledge and type of philosophy (2:Cool

Aw, yes, the human philosophy.... there sure is plenty of it out there !!
It's almost like seeing the NT and all the false gods, teacher's in reality..... once again !! Crying or Very sad

The born again Christian so needs to be grounded in the word of God, sealed in His Holy Spirit, growing in His grace, strengthen through faith to be able to overcome the apostasy through all the false teaching we are seeing and experiencing these days we are living.

Jesus warned us of this..... yet, He did not leave us alone, but told us He would send His Spirit our Helper to help us.... and not too let our hearts be troubled.

The Holy Spirit is the seal on the born again child of God and well keep giving us the power of God's word to endure to the end..... amen !!

Ephesians !:13-14
13. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14. who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

These false teachers have put enough of God's truth in their message to deceive the people. If one is not mature and grounded in the word of God they will be toss to and fro with the winds of doctrines of these false shepherds.....

The dead give away is always they teach the flesh.... not the Spirit ! Just like your three element points, Twin !!

Yes, the false shepherds. Their appeal can be so subtle, so innocent. Wrong teaching even though done with good intentions...is still wrong.

Do not go beyond what is written.” [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians+4:6&version=NIV1984]1 Corinthians 4:6[/url]

If one is not solid with what is written, then one is not beyond being tossed by the winds of false teachers.

twin spin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down