Christian voice through love
Member login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Member login
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joseph Smith ... is he a true prophet (part 2)

Go down

Joseph Smith ... is he a true prophet (part 2) Empty Joseph Smith ... is he a true prophet (part 2)

Post by twin spin Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 am

Lesson 4 of the Teachings of George Albert Smith, the lesson that will be studied this coming Sunday in Relief Society meetings and priesthood quorums throughout the LDS Church, is about Joseph Smith. Since I talked about whether or not Joseph Smith was a true prophet in my last post (please see), in this post I am going to focus on what he was supposedly told in his first vision – a subject that lesson four addresses.

I found it interesting that when President George Smith talked about Joseph’s first vision of the heavenly Personages, he quoted the first and last parts of Joseph Smith – History 1:19 but not the middle section. (Joseph Smith – History is part of LDS Scripture, as it is contained in the Pearl of Great Price.) Especially noticeable by its absence was the reference to the existing churches’ creeds, namely, the words: “and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight”. Because of that, Joseph was commanded not to join any existing church because “they were all wrong”.

Let’s just take the most widely used creed at that time, the Apostle’s Creed. “I believe in God the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.”

According to LDS Scripture, that is an abomination. What is so abominable about that? According to Mormonism’s god, it is. In addition, most Christian churches still use and agree with that creed. That means that, again to LDS Scripture and to Mormonism’s god, they are all wrong. Why then do so many Mormons today say that Christians and Mormons believe the same thing? I was just talking with a man yesterday who told me that it took three months of pretty regular discussions with his good LDS friend before his friend would admit that there were differences in their beliefs. How many times haven’t Mormons told Christians that they believe the same things – but that they just have the fullness of the gospel?

Let me put it as simply as I can to any Mormon reading this. Do you agree with your Scriptures – do you agree that the Apostles’ Creed is an abomination? If you do agree, please tell me specifically why it is an abomination. Wouldn’t warning me of its abominable teaching be the loving thing to do?

twin spin
Admin

http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down