Christian voice through love
Member login

Reasons God may allow grief and troubles to come to us

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reasons God may allow grief and troubles to come to us

Post by twin spin on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 am

People wonder (even if not directly envolving themself) why would God allow a tragedy to happen to a family where one's life is lost at a baseball game, or the losing everything in a wild fire \ tornado \ earthquake \ financially? Maybe you heard of a person who losses their job or not be able to get one .... often for that person to be told by some .... you're just not trying hard enough.

God offers his answer ... though it may not be what what we want his answer to be ... nontheless it is God's answer.

“Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal."
Job 5:17-18

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose
. Romans 8:28

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations,
there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me
. 2 Corinthians 12:7

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—
may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now,
you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith,
the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:6-9

They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind Hosea 8:7

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
Luke 12:51-52

But ... is that all. If it was it truely be very uncomforting.
God gives us this for our comfort:

(Speaking of Jesus) For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are Hebrews 4:15

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

Thank you God, that you do not leave me like as an orphan. You have a purpose for me and will one day enjoy the eternal bliss promised.

twin spin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top