Christian voice through love
Member login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Member login
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do everything without complaining or arguing,

Go down

Do everything without complaining or arguing, Empty Do everything without complaining or arguing,

Post by twin spin Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 am

so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation,

in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—

in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith,

I am glad and rejoice with all of you.

So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

God gives us his word to read, learn, and put into practice. Living according to his will often lands us in situations that are difficult and uncomfortable. Standing up for Jesus can make us targets of criticism and ridicule. Pointing out practices and trends that defy God’s truth can lead people to accuse us of being narrow-minded and unloving. At those times it’s tempting to complain how unfair the Christian life is.

God knows what we go through. Jesus told us that we can expect life to be unfair as we follow him. After all, he certainly wasn’t treated fairly! Though completely innocent, he suffered and was crucified by those who opposed him. Yet he did not complain. God teaches us to react in the same way: “Do everything without complaining or arguing.”

As we live according to the will of God, we are quite conspicuous in this world. As the brilliant light of stars in the heavens is accentuated by the darkness of space around them, Christians striving to honor God are obvious against the backdrop of the crooked and depraved world around them. While the reality of this situation may result in hurtful words and unjust activity against us, it can also be helpful. As we stick out from the crowd, some people may want to know the reason for the stand we have taken. Then we have the opportunity to hold out the word of life to them. We can tell them about Jesus our Savior, and that he is their Savior too.

Rejoice and be glad that God has called you to be a follower of Jesus. To his glory continue to shine with a life of faith and take every opportunity to hold out the word of life to those around you who need to hear about their Savior.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to do everything without complaining. Strengthen my faith in Jesus that I might shine brightly in this world and attract people to hear your life-giving word. Amen.

Series of daily devotions are available for download purchase: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today's Devotion is brought to you by WELS and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

twin spin
Admin

http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum