Christian voice through love
Member login

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Member login
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctrines define God

Go down

Doctrines define God Empty Doctrines define God

Post by twin spin Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 am

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25

"Yes ...I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world." John 11:27

• The Christ ....

• a ref to a title the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one". It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), ... prophesied about in the Tanakh (which Christians term the Old Testament).

• the Son of God ....

• a ref to a title used to describe Jesus as a divine being and the second member of the Trinity

• Hebrews 1:8
      • Psalm 45:6
      • John 8:58
      • Exodus 3:14
      • John 5:18
      • John 1:1

• who was to come into the world.

• a ref to all the OT prophecies that Jesus fulfilled that was written about him

• Death and ressurection of Jesus

• 1 Corinthians 15:12-14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever hear the argument that doctrine isn't important. The truth is that doctrine defines whom (or what) a person is putting their faith into. That is why we are warned about false teachers and false gospels. Too often people view doctrine as some technicality ....but doctrine determines whether which path you're on .... heaven or hell

twin spin
Admin

http://christian-voice.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum